Kinematics and EMG
The Motion Monitor® – Toolbox Edition: Delsys IM + EMG
The MotionMonitor is a turnkey 3D motion capture system with software for biomechanics research and rehabilitation. Data generated from Delsys analytical tools are immediately available for live biofeedback and post-recording playback with graphical displays of all data outputs, stunning 3D computer graphics and subject animations/avatar. This is a special low-cost application designed and created specifically for the Delsys Trigno & Avanti IM + EMG systems. Each solution, one for Upper Extremity and one for Lower Extremity, supports up to 8 Trigno/Avanti IM sensors and also requires reference digital video for successful operation. There is no customisation for this software solution, however, it provides a simple and easy-to-use software interface, requiring no programming or scripting efforts to setup, record, view and export data.
- Visualise and capture kinematics, EMG data, and reference video within a single software interface.
- Build a skeletal model with user-defined scaling, rather than a fixed model which does not take into account anthropometric differences between subjects.
- Skeletal model includes biomechanically-based, rather than hardware-based, local coordinate systems, resulting in biomechanically relevant data outputs for the sagittal, transverse, and frontal planes.
- Upon recording, view the skeletal animation and, with the click of a single button, view the analysis of interest: kinematic data, joint angles and EMG data in graphical form; all data variables are pre-defined and displayed with the playback.
- Apply high-pass and low-pass filtering functions for EMG analysis.
- All raw data is saved in the application, so the user can access raw and processed EMG data.
- The software is expandable. Seamlessly upgrade the software capabilities to:
- Include support for additional hardware types such as force plates, EEG, virtual reality, analog devices, and more.
- Incorporate user-defined, real-time, visual and auditory biofeedback
- Add support for other motion analysis systems such as Vicon, MAC, Qualisys and Optitrack.