Portable Force Plates
Bertec’s portable force plate is designed for portability to be used in field applications for clinical and research gait analysis and sports performance. Strain gauge technology, state-of-the-art electronics, innovative mechanical designs, and quality manufacturing have created superior force plates suitable for any clinical or research use.
What makes Bertec Portable Force Plates unique?
- Rugged structure with a very lightweight design
- Adjustable foot allows levelling on uneven surfaces for accurate measurements
- State-of-the-art electronic design internally corrects for cross-talk
- Available in a standard load range of 5,000 N, 10,000 N and other custom load ranges
- Excellent resolution and high natural frequency
- Aluminium/honeycomb sandwich structure that will withstand years of use
Each force plate consists of precision-engineered, strain gauged load transducers that precisely measure six components: three orthogonal forces and the moments about each axis. Each plate contains a built-in, 16-bit digital gain amplifier and signal conditioning unit, which make the use of calibration matrices obsolete. You then have the choice of four external amplifiers: digital (AM6500), analog (AM6501, AM6504), or digital and analogue (AM6800). This system allows the use of long output cables without any signal degradation. The digital output can be directly plugged into your PC’s USB port. Simple installation and a minimum amount of setup time result from this plug and play technology. For the analogue output, you have the choice of either six individual BNC type outputs or seven individual bare wire outputs (custom output cables available per request). A software package is offered to enable quick data collection without the hassle of writing your own software. Bertec also has software libraries and device drivers available upon request for researchers who want to develop their own digital data acquisition software.
If none of our standard models meet your requirements, years of experience and a willingness to solve any challenge gives Bertec the edge in custom designing a solution for you. We can customise all load transducer models to fit your needs – load ranges, size, and even waterproofing. At Bertec, our aim is to provide the variety that you want with the quality you deserve.
Bertec’s biomechanics measurement technology captures movement details invisible to the human eye, helping you assess and track performance. Their force plates lead the industry in centre of pressure and force measurement accuracy with negligible cross-talk, drift, and signal interference. Analogue signals sampled internally at 1000Hz are immediately processed by our custom electronics into digital data impervious to degradation.
Why use Bertec force plates for Jump Analysis?
- Measure ground reaction forces
- Grade and rank athlete performance with a quantitative benchmark
- Compare individual results over time
- Tailor training to athlete specific needs
- Compare variations or techniques
- Provide feedback during training
- Ease of data collection