Gait and Pressure Measurement for Small Animals
The Tekscan Strideway™ is the first truly modular animal gait analysis platform in the industry.
Providing objective information on force and plantar pressure, plus temporal (time), spatial (distance), and kinetic (movement) parameters at the click of a button.
Strideway™ is a low profile floor walkway solution that captures multiple sequential quadrupedal or bipedal foot strikes of animals.
Strideway™ System Features:
- Modular platform, available in 7 different lengths from 1.3m > 5.2m capturing multiple animal foot-strikes in a single pass.
- Can be easily stored and transported and can also be extended at a later date.
- Three resolutions to suit your application, from 0.968 sensels/cm2 > 3.88 sensels/cm2
- Scanning speed up to 500Hz in the standard resolution and 250Hz in the medium and high resolution.
- Integrates with other gait lab technologies, such as EMG and Motion Capture systems
- Automated calculation of an array of gait parameters: step and gait time, distance, velocity, and cadence, plus many more
- Automatically detects quadrupedal and bipedal foot strikes with labels for left/right and fore/hind, and number stances from first to last
- Easily identify lameness
- Low profile platform reduces risk of gait changes
- Quick set-up and data collection process in minutes
Strideway™ System Applications
- Identify asymmetries or lameness
- Quantify limb function and gait patterns over several strides
- Evaluate plantar pressure distribution for asymmetries and areas of high pressure
- Monitor improvements post surgery or rehabilitation
- Track animal progress with database and comparison reports
- Determine the effectiveness of a proposed treatment
- Assess high pressures and deviated CoF trajectories resulting from foot dysfunction and/or gait related disorders
- Evaluate and determine treatments
- Investigate treatment hypotheses