Mavidon Collodion HV Improved Formula
- Mavidon Collodion HV (High Viscosity) is used for the temporary attachment of electrodes or other devices for long-term recording.
- This Mavidon Collodion HV NEW IMPROVED FORMULA is now 5 times thicker and stronger than the original HV, also with no runoff. Please see our Mavidon News Post
- Each 15ml tube is supplied with a small application nozzle that can be resealed to preserve any un-used contents.
Biosense Medical Supplies are the Official UK & ROI Distributors for Mavidon
Medical Application: Mavidon Collodion HV is used to attach electrodes to the skin or scalp. Primarily, and then but not limited, for EEG monitoring (Ambulatory, Epilepsy, Sleep Disorders). Especially useful when it is important to maintain a secure contact for monitoring. When applied correctly, collodion will in fact hold even when the skin is hairy, oily or perspiring. Although some users have their way of using this (Patient Preparation), the manufacturers suggestion is to Clean surface to be bonded to remove body oils and dead skin. Apply a thin layer of Collodion to the electrode or gauze. To facilitate cure, force clean cool air over the electrode with an air pump to aid solvent evaporation.
Astronomy Application: Collodion is used in the cleaning of optics for example telescope mirrors. Manufacturer suggests that the collodion is applied to the surface of the optic, usually in two or more layers. Sometimes a piece of thin cloth is applied between the layers, to hold the collodion together for easy removal. After the collodion dries it therefore forms a solid sheet covering the optic, it is carefully peeled away taking contamination with it.
Wet Plate Photography: Also known Collodion Process
Special Effects: The suggested method and also an easy way to make scars and some burn effects is with Collodion.
The Manufacturer Mavidon according to their website is the largest manufacturer of collodion, collodion products, medical adhesive removers and other products for the neurology industry
Here are some key features & uses of Mavidon Collodion HV:
- Wound closure: It can be used to hold the edges of a wound together, promoting healing and preventing infection.
- Scar reduction: can sometimes be used to reduce the appearance of scars by contracting the skin and making the scar less noticeable.
- Medical device adhesion: It is commonly used to secure dressings, tapes, or electrodes to the skin during medical procedures or treatments.
- Nail care: can be used in nail care applications to protect and strengthen weak or damaged nails.
- Film industry: is also used in the film industry for creating special effects, such as simulating cuts, scars, or wrinkles on the skin.