NuPrep Skin Prep Gel / Prepping Paste
To achieve quality tracings, proper skin preparation at the electrode site is crucial. NuPrep Skin Prep Gel / Prepping Paste’s mild abrasiveness strips away the top layer of skin and moistens the underlying skin layer. This action therefore lowers the skin impedance with minimal skin irritation and patient discomfort.
Nuprep skin gel is a product that is commonly used in preparation for various medical procedures [Patient Preparation].
It is often used when a lower skin impedance would enhance test results, for example EEG exams, evoked potential procedures, ECG stress tests, cardiac rehabilitation monitoring, and cardiac catheter monitoring exam procedures. All of which can enhance the performance of monitoring electrodes.
The gel is designed to also help eliminate issues such as diaphoresis (excessive sweating) and unwanted artifacts.
Our trusted source for Nuprep skin gel is the manufacturer Weaver and Company and Biosense Medical Supplies is an Official UK & ROI Distributors for Weaver and Company
Neurodiagnostic Electrodes – Non disposable (Bell electrodes)
- Moisten a cotton swab with Nuprep gel, remove excess.
- Rub onto skin lightly with 4 or 5 small circular motions that are about the diameter of the electrode to be used. On normal skin conditions: use about the pressure used to file fingernails with a fingernail file. It should With neonates and geriatric patients, use much less pressure than with adults.
- Satisfactory impedances are achievable with 3 or 4 strokes of a cotton swab using very light pressure.
- To reduce natural skin impedance, wash the head prior to the exam and use no lotions or oils.
- If more gel application is necessary to reach satisfactory impedance, use one or two more light strokes, not more pressure.
For stress test, Holter monitor, and cardiac rehabilitation electrodes
- first wipe the electrode site with an alcohol pad, to de-fat the skin.
- Apply enough gel to moisten about 1/4th of a gauze pad.
- Apply gel sparingly by rubbing in a circular motion at each electrode site with 6 or 7
- Remove any excess gel with a dry part of the gauze pad.
- Apply self-adhering electrodes over the prepared electrode site
Most Effective Uses
- Cardiac catheter monitoring
- Cardiac rehabilitation monitoring
- ECG telemetry
- EEG exams
- Evoked potential procedures
- Holter monitoring
- Sleep tests
- Stress tests
Watch Demonstration Video to see the product in use!